Vegan Vegetable Curry Recipe
This is one of the first vegan recipes recipes we tried when we decided to stop eating animals and animal products. We were lucky as it turned out to be delicious. So I hope that you enjoy it too. Please let me know if you do.
Yield: 2 Servings
2 Tablespoon Peanut Oil 1 Potato (medium), Peeled And 1 Onion (medium) -Diced 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds, Ground 1 Aubergine (Egg Plant), Diced 2 Dried Red Chili, Seeds 450 Grams Tomatoes Canned In Juice -Removed 1/2 Teaspoon Salt 1 Tablespoon Ginger Fresh, Peeled Ground Black Pepper -And Grated 100 Grams Cauliflower, Break Into 2 Garlic Cloves, Peeled And -Florets -Crushed With A Little Salt 100 Grams Mushrooms, Quatered 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds, Ground 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice 1 Teaspoon Turmeric, Ground Parsley Or Coriander Leaves To Garnish
- Heat the oil and cook the onion gently until transparent.
- Raise heat and add cumin seeds and stir.
- Add crushed chilli peppers. Let it darken then add the ginger & garlic paste.Cook for a few minutes.
- Add coriander and turmeric and stir again for a few moments.
- Add potato and aubergine. Cook gently, stirring again for a few minutes.
- Add tomatoes and their juice stir and bring to the boil.
- Add cauliflower florets and then lower the heat and simmer gently until vegetables are nearly cooked.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until all the vegetables are cooked.
- Check seasoning and add lemon juice. Serve garnished with herbs.
Per Serving: 372 Cal (34% from Fat, 10% from Protein, 56% from Carb); 10 g Protein; 15 g Tot Fat; 3 g Sat Fat; 6 g Mono Fat; 55 g Carb; 16 g Fiber; 12 g Sugar; 69 mg Calcium; 3 mg Iron; 617 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol